Monday, August 15, 2016

Weekend and August 15th, 2016

<Friday, August 12th>
We went to Mooloolaba beach today!! I was worried if we could go to the beach because of yesterday’s thunder storms and heavy rain. But it was very sunny today! We were lucky.
I really wanted to swim, so I brught a swimsuit. But we couldn’t swim because the water was too cold. I went into the water up to my knees.
The water was cold, but I still wanted to swim.
I wish I had a wet suit.
After we played at the beach, we ate a hamburger! It was very delicious!
Finally, we went shopping and we ate ice cream!
They were very delicious, too.
(M.A. H1 girl)

<Saturday, August 13th>
Today was sunny. I went to Maroochy with my host mother by car. I walked around Cotton Tree Park for over one hour while she was having a massage. There was a large and beautiful park.
After a while, I said to her, “Did you have a nice time?” She said, “Yes, I feel relaxed.” I was so happy to hear that.
After we came back home, we made pizza. I had never made them from using flour dough. She told me how to make it. I made two flavors pizza, pineapple & ham and salami. They were yummy. Then, we went to cricket club and a strawberry patch. We picked strawberries and I ate a strawberry ice cream. It was sweet and delicious.
My host father cooked tuna curry for dinner. It was different from Japanese curry, but it was good.
After dinner, we watched movie “Eddie the Eagle”. It was funny and I moved by a hero’s heart.
(H.S. H1 girl)

<Sunday, August 14th>
Today, I got up at 8:00am.
After we ate breakfast, we went to a church. My host sisters went to crèche and kids church, and my host mother, sister and I went to the main church. I listened to hymns.
After that, we went to Cotton Tree Park to have a picnic and meet other Japanese students’ host families. Some of the Japanese students and I made a pyramid with the sea sand.
After the picnic, one of my host sisters and I went shopping to Cawana shops. I bought gifts for my family in Japan. I enjoyed shopping, but I was surprised that many shops closed at 4:00pm.
On our way home, we used drive-through of McDonald’s. We bought some ice cream covered with chocolate and soda water. It was delicious.
When we came home, host sisters and I played cricket, trampoline and gymnastics.
They were lots of fun!
Before dinner, I talked about Australian religion with my host mother. The stories were very interesting and it was a good lesson.
Today, I could experience many things. It was a fulfilling day.
(N.S. H1 girl)

<Monday, August 14th + 15th>






















No comments:

Post a Comment