Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Tuesday August 9th, 2016 (Middle School)


Tuesday 9th August, 2016 (Middle School)



Today I got on the bus and I stayed awake the whole time because I slept on the bus yesterday. I was woken up by the driver. Then I visited a nursing home with everyone. All of the people in the nursing home were very fine, so I felt good. I danced with them and I did my presentation. This was a lot of fun.



After that, I went to Matthew Flinders and I looked around that. Matthew Flinders is very large and beautiful. In this place, the elementary students and kindergarten students were very cute! They were waving to me.



After that, I went to a drug store with the teachers. I am grateful to the teachers and sorry about that.



In our home, we ate dinner, which was a meat pie and some vegetables. That was very good and I was full!



I want to have fun again tomorrow!



S.S M3 Girl







This morning we went to a retirement village to meet elderly people. Everyone was very cheerful. First we saw the women’s dance. They were cute. Next, we did a presentation about “fukuwarai”. They were very kind so we could enjoy ourselves. It was a very good place. I strongly thought I want to live there when I am old.



Later, we visited school. It was so big. At lunch, I couldn’t talk with local students so tomorrow, I want to talk with them.



At diner, our host mother made some pasta for us. It was really delicious so I ate a lot,



After that, we watched a movie.



Today was a very good day.



C.T M3 Girl





Today I ate avocado on toast for breakfast. It was very good.



We went to the retirement village and did our presentation there. My team showed and played karuta.  I watched the high school students sing two songs. After that, we ate a sausage roll and a cupcake for morning tea. We enjoyed ourselves so much there.



After that, we returned to MFAC and we had an orientation session for our ESL lessons. Then we sandwiches made by Julie. It was delicious and healthy. When I greeted the MFAC students, they replied, so I was happy to meet them. After that we went on the MFAC campus tour. It is a very large campus so we were surprised. I thought that their school life here is a lot of fun.



At night, I made wonton with saki. I sometimes make Japanese gyoza with my family in Japan. Making wanton is similar to making gyoza. I had a lot of great experiences today.



Y.K M3 Girl




Today we did our presentation about Japanese culture, so we went to the nursing home. First the elderly people showed us their dancing and we danced together. It was very fun! After that, we did a presentation for them. Our group talked the Japanese folk song, the “Soranbushi”. After we talked about the history of the Soranbushi, we danced it, so I was very tired. After we finished the presentation, we had miring tea. We ate a hotdog and a cupcake.



After that , we went to Matthew Flinders to do the orientation. The school was very big and beautiful and the students were friendly. We had lunch at school.



Also, we watched Matthew’s  rugby game with Mary and  Nanaha. I had never seen a rugby game before. Matthew was very cool and won the game. It was very cold there, but Mary lent me two coats; she is very kind. When we were going home, we got some pizza. We had the pizza for diner but it was too much for me, so I said I was full and Matthew kept it in the fridge. Nanaha ate all of the pizza. After we ate dinner, I played basketball with Matthew and Nanaha. We had a good time playing it. After that, we did our homework so we asked our host family some questions. Then Matthew helped us. He taught me the spelling. When we asked Matthew what his favourite food was, he said that he liked the Japanese gummy that I gave him. Also, he said that he was practicing Japanese. I was glad to hear that.



Because today’s presentation was good, we will do our best for the next presentation. I’d like to go to bed at 22:30 tomorrow. I’m looking forward to go to Australia Zoo.



A.K M3 Girl








Today, we introduced about some traditional Japanese toys in Allora Gardens. It is our first presentation on this trip abroad, so I was a little nervous before, but, the audience was kind. And so we did our best presentation. The most difficult things were the teaching of the cat’s cradle to the old people, but they had a strong sense of accomplishment.



I also ate lunch at MFAC. We ate sandwiches. It was very good. We were able to really befriend our family, so we would like to try anything!



H.S. (M3 girl)






I woke up at 6:50. After eating breakfast, I went to school on foot with Nanami, Thomas and Chloe. And, we left school for the nursing home; it is very huge and there are a lot of houses. All of them are lived in by elderly people. There, we did a presentation for elderly people. I was very nervous about the presentation, but when the presentation started, I could speak without the script. The elderly people looked very happy, so I became happy too. We made a lot of cranes, balloons, shuriken, tops and frogs by origami and gave them to elderly people. The tops and frogs were very popular.



After the presentation, the Hiroo Gakuen high school students did a performance singing “the chorus of frogs” and “Akashi.” They sang very well. After that, we had a great morning tea. I heard an elderly man’s story. He had been to Japan before. I was glad to hear that. After that, we went to school and we saw our classroom. We had lunch at school and we looked around the school. Matthew Flinders Anglican College is a very big school and I was surprised!

After school, we went to Sunshine Coast University to watch a basketball game which Took Thomas took part in. Thomas made several shots. He worked very well. We watched the Olympic basketball game, but I fell asleep. When I woke up, it was 22:30! I took a shower quickly, and now I’m writing my diary. Today was a very busy day, but I enjoyed myself.



Y.M. (M3 girl)
























No comments:

Post a Comment