Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Monday 8th August, 2016 (Middle School)


Monday 8th August, 2016

We went to Maranatha Recreation Camp with the high school students. We split into two groups: high school students and presentation groups 1 and 2 and all the others in the other group. I was a member of group 1 so I’ll write about what group 1 did.

First we enjoyed rope and tree climbing. We walked on the tree branches and ropes. At the end, we enjoyed a flying fox. They were scary to me but I really enjoyed them.

Nest we ate some oranges, pineapple and biscuits for morning tea. They were very delicious.

Then we enjoyed riding a big rope swing. We did it by lifting a person with 10 people. The 10 people pulled a rope hanging in a high place and a person flew straight up in the air. It looked scarier than it was. I really enjoyed it.

After that, we had lunch. We ate something like a tortilla. I wrapped ham, cheese and some vegetables. It was delicious. Finally, we played a little game. It was a game like baseball. We took on group 2. We had no time so we couldn’t complete the game.

I can’t find my feet yet but I want to make the most of this study abroad.

A.M M3 Girl


It was sunny today. We went to Maranatha Recreation Camp. There we tried rope and tree climbing. We wore a harness. I climbed a ladder. It was high. First we walked on logs. My feet quivered. I was scared but it was fun. Second, I walked on a log ladder. It was easier than walking on logs. Third, I walked on a rope. It was the most difficult. I walked like a crab. I walked carefully. Finally, I swung on a tarzan rope. It was really fun. I was so excited. It was like a roller coaster.

Then I ate fruit and cookies for morning tea. The pineapple was very sweet, the orange was very good. Everyone looked happy.

Then we tried high jumping. It used a rope and 11 people. One person wore a harness and 10 people pulled the rope. This person flew up about 10 meters. It was Fantastic! I was waving to everyone. I was so happy!

Then we ate tacos for lunch. I wrapped many things wiith a nan. It was tasty. After lunch, we played a game. This game was like baseball. It used a gun and a ball. It was really fun.

Tomorrow, we have presentations so I’ll go to bed early today.

H.K M3 Girl


We arrived in Australia and two days have passed. My host father is very kind so I don’t have any problems now. First we visited Maranatha Recreation Camp and did rope and tree climbing. It was a lot of fun, I want to do more. Lunch was delicious. I love tomato so I put in a lot. After, we came back home and played with Chloe and Jackson. They are my host family; they are small and very cute. Jackson was a muddy monster. He had been playing in a pond and was muddy. When I played with him, my clothes got very muddy and dirty. At diner, I ate a meat pie. It was a little hard so I couldn’t cut it well with a knife. Then my host mother said, “You need to use your muscles”. The staff at the camp said “muscle” a lot of times too. Australian people use muscle a lot!? After that, I ate ice cream and chocolate pudding. It was very, very sweet. I was surprised by that sweetness. Lastly, I watched TV in the theatre room. The animation was “The Simpsons”. That English was a little difficult for me but I understood a little. The scene in which Homer, the father stabbed the wine pack with scissors and drank without pausing was so funny. Today, I had a nice day. I want to have an even nicer day tomorrow!

N.Y M3 Girl


This morning, we saw wild kangaroos. There were three kangaroos in the garden. I was so excited. I took photos of the kangaroos. After that, we went to school with our host father, Scott and our host brother, Matthew. Today’ program was Maranatha Recreation Camp. The teachers said we had three activities but we didn’t have much time, so we did only two activities. The first activity was to make a bridge. The bridge was made of bamboo and tropes. We learned how to bind the rope. The second activity was rope climbing in the trees. The trees were so high. I was a little scared but also interested. I enjoyed it.  I enjoyed it. After we arrived at the house, we played basket with Matthew. Then his friend came over. We played together. I couldn’t play but Mathew and his friend showed us great shots. After diner we watched the movie, “Robin Hood”. It didn’t have subtitles, so it wasn’t easy but it was very interesting. I want to talk with my host family more tomorrow and to enjoy this trip.

N.O M3 Girl



My host family is very kind and my host mother is very good at cooking, so the meals cooked by her are very delicious and we are very happy.

Today, we did an outdoor adventure. It was very fin but also scary. First, we built a bridge that was made of wood and rope. Connecting the roped was difficult but we enjoyed it/

Second, we climbed trees and got across from tree to tree. I was very afraid because it seemed easy to fall but we enjoyed ourselves very much.

After the activities, Chinatsu and I went to the supermarket. We walked there and bought the ingredients to cook Japanese food, body soap and some other things. I’m looking forward to cooking Japanese food for our host family. I hope they enjoy our cooking.

K.Y M3 Girl




I have never had a wonderful day like today. I think it made me more clever than yesterday. I will tell you the story of today from the morning. 

This morning, I got up at about 7:15, My host mother came to my room to get me up. Then, I went to the sink and wash my face, I changed my clothes in my room, and we ate breakfast. There were cereals, and toast which is spread with honey. It was so tasty. 

After that, we went to the front of the school, which is the place to wait. Many students arrived early. Then, we went to the recreation camp by bus. There were high school students, too. First, my group did bridge making. After, we climbed trees and we walked did a ropes course. It was so fun. After that, we ate lunch. It was tacos that were made of ham, salad, and dough; I ate an apple, too. Last, we came back to school, and came back home. 

Later, I played with my host family's children and we ate dinner together. Dinner was  meat pies and mashed vegetables. It was so delicious. I enjoyed so much today. I hope I can have a good sleep.

T.M M3 Boy





































No comments:

Post a Comment