Thursday, August 18, 2016

August 18th, 2016

<Wednesday, August 17th>
We took part in an assembly of Secondly School, and listened to Motivation Media Presentation for personal development. It was very difficult as our teacher said, but I could understand some parts of it. The title of the film was “Everybody Hero”, and “Heroes” of various occupations were on the film. They spoke about their passion, faith, and the like.
I was affected the lyrics of a song which is “Speak Life” of TobyMac. The passage was “Speak life, speak life. When the sun won’t shine and you don’t know why.  ... speak hope, You speak love, you speak...” I thought that I had to have a confidence and a responsibility for my life and for my dream. I want to be a doctor to work for a medical emergency center. Also, I want to study English more to make my world diverse. I will make an effort, and work hard.
            After that, we went to local shops in Buderim. First, we called at a post office to send our letters to Japan. I wrote to my parents, so I’m excited how they will react when they receive it. Then, we searched some shops, such as a market, a flower shop, and a coffee shop for finding answers of the questions. We also interviewed some people in Buderim. I asked a lady who works at a beauty parlor. I was glad that she was very kind. I felt that Buderim was quiet and warm area.
            We had a barbecue for lunch in a park. We bought some food for BBQ in Woolworth, and made lunch by ourselves. I bought two loaves of sliced bread and a bottle of tomato sauce, and grilled many sausages with my friends. It smelled very good, so I was getting hungry. Other members cut onions, a pineapple, and a watermelon. It looked hard, but we enjoyed it. After we finished making them, we had them with seeing a good view. The view was beautiful, and the sausage, onions, and bread were so delicious. Some fruit was fresh, and also delicious.
            At night, I had a little early birthday party with my host family. We ate hamburgers for dinner, and I helped my host mother to make them. After dinner, I was surprised that they brought a cheesecake that was made by host father with the birthday song. I received some presents, such as a mag, a soft toy kangaroo, soap, and a candle from them. I was glad, and the cake was so tasty.
            Today, I could think about my dream through the presentation. We are going to go back to Japan in two days. These wonderful experiences in Australia were good opportunities for me to think what I want to do. In tomorrow’s farewell party, I want to tell “Thank you” to people who have looked after me.
(A.Y. H1 girl)

Today, we did a lot of things.
First, we had a gathering at Matthew Flinder’s lecture hall. We watched a short movie. It was difficult for me to understand, but I tried to listen to it and I could understand a little.
After that, we went to Buderim. The village was so beautiful! We interviewed Buderim people. They kindly answered a lot of questions though they were working. I thought Buderim people were so kind!
We went shopping to buy some food for barbecue. We had a lot of troubles to look for the food because the shop was too big!!
Then, we had a barbecue at a park. We could see nice view there. We cooked al by ourselves. It was difficult but the dishes we cooked were very good!
I really enjoyed today!
(K.K H1 girl)

At 8:30, we assembled to the school. At first, we heard “Motivation Speech.”
It was a little bit difficult for me, but I tried to understand what they were saying.
I had a great time in there.
Next, we left school, and we went to Buderim Village. We did orienteering there. Some students went to a flower shop and asked the clerk to show some flowers named “Australia”. Other students interviewed to Buderim people. We enjoyed the orienteering and we had a great opportunity to talk with English speakers.
After that, we cooked BBQ by ourselves. I cooked sausages that I bought in a supermarket. It was so nice.
We left there and arrived at school at 2:40. I was still exciting then. I had a great time today. We have two more days that we can stay in Australia. I’m looking forward to seeing my family in Japan.
(T.Y. H1 boy)

Today was a rainy and cloudy day. We went to the Buderim village. I posted a letter to my friend in Japan and interviewed people there.
After walking around the village, we went to the supermarket and bought some snacks, sausages, onions, breads, juice, tomato sauce and fruits. At a park, we cooked hotdogs. It was delicious. The view seen from the park was good.
After getting home, I was very sleepy, so I wanted to go to bed, but I remembered a very important thing... I have a lot of homework to do!! So, I will study hard in the kitchen from now.
Today was a very busy and good day. I hope tomorrow will be a better day.
(K.T. H1 boy)



 <Thursday, August 18th>
















































No comments:

Post a Comment