Thursday, August 18, 2016

Wednesday 17th August, 2016 (middle school)

Wednesday 17th August, 2016

I’m going to write what I did after school today.
 I was taking classes with Georgia (my host sister) today, so I went straight to the chapel with her and waited for our mother. Georgia always walks with her boyfriend afterschool and I didn’t want to bother them, so I went back to the main car park to chat with my friends.
A half an hour passed and Georgia had finished talking with her boyfriend, so I hang out with her until 5:30p.m. While we were waiting, we watched YouTube with Zenjo and Tristen. They are one of Geogia’s friends and Zenjo is half Japanese! They went soon but we had a great time while watching and I was able to speak English a little with them. We were watching a video about famous songs translated to different languages and back to English again with “Google translate.” We were all laughing because it was so hilarious that my stomach muscles hurt so bad. For example, “take me to church” by Hozier. One part of the lyrics is “She’s the giggle at a funeral,” and this was translated as “She is the conscious in a funeral.”
Therefore, Georgia and I were laughing in the car on our way home, and I’m very tired right now. The one thing I learned from this video is to never use “Google translate” with a sentence.
(A.  I. M3 girl)

This morning, we practiced the son that we will sing tomorrow. After the practicing, we celebrated the birthday of one of my classmates. He looked very glad.
After lunch, we played T-ball in the playground. I have played T-ball twice. Once when I was a junior high school first grader, the other time was in elementary school. Many people said, “I have not played T-ball,” though.
T-ball is like baseball without pitcher. Our team scored twelve points! But our team was the second place among four teams. I was very annoyed, but I enjoyed T-ball.
After the dinner, we watched Minions. The entire movie was English, but I was glad because I knew the story.
I thought that little by little, I would be able to understand English.
(H.A. M3 girl)
Today was a substantial day. First I practiced a song. We sang “YELL.” I like this song. Next, I wore a yukata. After this, I introduced Japan at the library to help my host mother. My host mother is Nikki. She teaches Japanese language at Matthew Flinders Primary School. I met a Japanese person there.
Also, I made some origami cranes. I folded with a lot of people there. After that, I had a P.E. lesson. I played T-ball. My team won, so I was happy. I want to play it once more. Today was a lot of fun. Thank you.
(C.I. M3 girl)

I will write about today. I think today was a serious day because I had many classes.
First I ate a lot of Aussie food for the Food Taste Test. I think that Aussie food is completely different from Japanese food. In Aussie food, there are both yummy and yucky things for me.
The best food of the Aussie foods was the Tim Tam biscuits. They were really good, so I bought Tim Tams after school.
The worst food for me was licorice. I have eaten licorice before because my host sister gave me some. I don’t like that taste, so I don’t want to eat one again.
After that, I had a class. I that class, I learned about English and Aussie animals. The Aussie animals were very cute and I felt that I wanted to go to Australia zoo again. I could remember some words such as marsupial, beak and hind legs. So, I was happy. But that is not the only reason I was Happy. I was also given chocolate by Marg. This chocolate was our reward for remembering a text. I love chocolate so I was very happy. I want to eat chocolate now.
After the lunch, we played a game that is like baseball. We had two games. Our team lost the first game so I was frustrated, but the second game, our team could win! So I felt better than before. I want to play this game gain. If I play this game again, I want to win.
Tomorrow, we will have a farewell party. I am looking forward to it and I can’t wait for the party. Thanks for reading.
(S. S. M3 girl)

Today, I went shopping to buy a gift for a classmate after school. I went there with M, but we shopped separately because the gifts we wanted to buy were different. I wanted to buy some snacks, Tim Tams and Shapes. Those are very good. Tim Tams are very sweet. Shapes are very salty. I like both. I wanted to go to Coles to buy those, but I got a little lost and asked some people the way to go to Coles. Eventually, I got there and bought them. After that, I wanted to buy some sandals. I could buy them too. But, I made a mistake in the size of the sandals. I bought ones bigger than my size. I also bought a black watch. It is very, very cute. The size of the watch was perfect. I also bought a birthday gift for Y. Her birthday is August 22. We will have a surprise birthday party at Y’s host family’s house on August 21. Y, C, K, and T have been invited to the party.
We will go to the pool and have a BBQ. I am looking forward to seeing Y’s surprised face.
Eleven days have passed since I came to Australia. I’d like to return to Japan, but I don’t want to return. I’d love to eat Japanese rice and noodles, and I’d love to meet my family and dog. I look forward to going in back to Japan in four days.
Tomorrow, I will have a farewell party for the high school students Junior high school students will sing YELL there.
I remember Mr. Shishido when we sing YELL because I sang a lot last year. I’d like to do our best at tomorrow’s party.
(S. H. M3 girl)

I woke up at 6:45. I was really sleepy last night, so I had a good night sleep. I ate cereal, an apple, a banana, and strawberries for breakfast. It was the best breakfast in this trip.
I went to school at 7:45. I had Sharon take me there.
At 8:30, we practiced a Japanese song. The name of the song is AKASHI. AKASHI means proof. It is a very popular song in Japan.
At 10:00, we tried some Australian food. My favorite Australian food is meat pie. I don’t like vegemite sandwich.
At 11:00, we had a class. Toda’s lesson was about Australian animals. It was very interesting lesson.
At 15:00, I got back home.
At 18:00, I ate pizza for dinner. It was good.
(K.H. M3 boy)











No comments:

Post a Comment