Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Tuesday 16th August, 2016 (Middle School)


Tuesday 16th August, 2016

I woke up at 7:00. Actually, I wanted to wake up at 6:30, and I set the alarm,
but I forgot that the clock in the iPad is Japanese time. So I couldn’t wake
up.

At school, we were taught about Aboriginal culture. They played didgeridoos.
That is an Aboriginal traditional musical instrument. And they showed us
about their foods and weapons. Also, we made a paper boomerang and we
threw a wooden boomerang. That was very difficult for me.
After that, we took an ESL lesson. I’m group C and my teacher is Anna.
She is interesting. It was not very difficult, but it was a good class. I don’t
have homework today. After lunch, we did a presentation for primary school
students. We made a lot of tops and frogs, but the tops were all given out
quickly. So we made tops backstage.
Most of them knew origami and they love origami, so I thought origami is
very popular all over the world. After school, we went to Sunshine Coast
University to see Thomas’ basketball game. Thomas’ team won the game! I
was very happy.

Yesterday, three relatives came to the house: My host mother, Sal’s mom,
Andy, Sal’s dad, Ian, and Sal’s sister, Emily. Emily is 14 years old, so maybe
she, N and I are the same age. But, she is very shy, so when we are close
to her, she escapes. My host brother and sister, Thomas, Chloe and Jackson
are really like her, so we can’t talk with the children so much. All of them
follow after her. We are a little sad about that. I want to communicate with
her.
(Y.M. M3 girl)

We had an aborigine workshop this morning. The teacher was a very funny
man. We were able to see the aborigine’s food, weapons, and how they hunt.
They use boomerangs for their hunting. We made a paper boomerang and
used it. It was very difficult to use. I couldn’t get the boomerang to return, so
I respected the aborigine.

After that, we had an ESL lesson. WE met our classroom teacher first time.
My teacher’s name is Michelle. Michelle and my classmates talked about “
what is your best thing so far after coming to Australia?” I could hear my friends’ best things. They had a lot of fun on the weekends!
After lunch, we had a second presentation. Today’s audience was elementary
school students. They were enjoying playing Karuta. We enjoyed with them
too.

In the afternoon, I made cakes with S. The shape was a big heart and small
round cupcakes. And, we made Japanese pasta, “Tarako” and “Mentaiko.”
That was very delicious. I want to spend a good time with everyone
tomorrow!
(Y.K. M3 girl)

This morning, I got up a little later than usual and prepared my own
breakfast. I ate cereal for breakfast, but it was bad and like a dog food Λ. So
I decided to eat toast tomorrow. After breakfast, I prepared for today’s school
as usual and went to school by car. Then I practiced to sing “YELL” for the
farewell party on Thursday with my friends. After everyone gathered at
school, we went to the classroom. First, we experienced the culture of
aborigine. The man who introduced the culture to us was very interesting.
After the presentation, we made boomerangs ourselves and went to the
schoolyard to play with the boomerang. I couldn’t throw the boomerang well,
but I enjoyed it. After that, we went back to the classroom and had morning
tea. My friend A gave me a chocolate cookie at that time and it was very good.
After morning tea, we took an ESL lesson. We divided ourselves into three
groups then. I was in team A, so I took a class in another classroom.
First, we talked about our great memories in Australia with our teacher.
After that, we learned various ways of asking questions in English. I was a
little nervous, but it was a lot of fun. So I’m looking forward to our next
lesson. After the lesson, I had lunch with H. We bought a chocolate cookie
and some snack food at school and ate a sandwich, so I was full.
After lunch, we practiced to sing “YELL” for five minutes. Then we made a
presentation about Japanese culture for some elementary school students.
Our group talked about the Japanese fold song “Soranbushi,” and we were
dancing with them. When we were dancing, the students looked like they were having a lot of fun! So I was happy :)
I thought that I want to try our best in the farewell party, too. After the
presentation, when N and I were waiting for our host family, our teachers
praised my diary. So I was very glad and thought that I will try hard. By the
way, I ate lasagna for the first time. I ate it and a garlic toast for dinner, and
they were very good. I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s dinner too. Also,
thought I have a lot of homework today, I will do my best.
(A.K. M3 girl)

Today, we did three things.
First, we experienced the culture of the aborigine. We did face painting.
There were lots of different paints, so I really enjoyed it. I also played with a
boomerang. When I succeeded throwing the boomerang, it came back to the
original place. It was a little difficult for me, but it was a lot of fun. Second,
we had an ESL lesson. My teacher’s name is Michelle. Today, we introduced
our host families and ourselves. It is difficult to use only English, but I
understood that even if I made a mistake it is ok and I have to use English.
By doing so, I will improve my English. So, I want to actively talk in this
class tomorrow. Third, we introduced about “traditional Japanese Toys.” We
played “Koma” and “Ayatori.” They are famous traditional Japanese toys. It
is a very difficult to teach primary school students Ayatori. So, Today was a
very nice time.
(H.S. M3 girl)

Today, we went to school.
First, we listened to the man’s talk about the Aboriginal culture and artifacts
with everyone. We painted our faces with white chalk. It was little ticklish.
The talk was very interesting.
Next, we separated into three groups and took an ESL lesson.
Everybody talked about themselves and what was the best thing they had
done in Australia. I talked about shopping yesterday because I could buy
some clothes and a blue hat with five of my friends. It was a lot of fun. Next,
we presented about Fukuwarai to the children. It was so different to how we presented to the elderly people. I am little tired now. But dinner was
delicious, so I was happy.
(C.T. M3 girl)


Today, we took an ESL lesson. I studied with Anna. Anna is very kind and
easy to understand.
Today’s lunch was a sandwich. It was very delicious. The sandwich had a
slice of beef, some tomato, and some lettuce. The beef was very yummy. I
bought one-dollar cookie. It was so delicious. I want to buy one again.
In the afternoon, I was doing a presentation about calligraphy for some
elementary school students. The elementary school students were very
powerful. I was very tired, but it was a lot of fun.
After school, I watched my host sister’s friend’s soccer game. I love soccer,
and I was very excited. They were very cool. I made a new friend. The girl
was very beautiful.
Tomorrow, I will have the farewell party’s preparation. I’m looking forward to
doing this preparation. Thank you.
(M.T. M3 girl)






















No comments:

Post a Comment