Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday 15th August, 2016

Monday 15th August, 2016

Today we went to the University of Queensland. It was a really big campus and had a lot of students. First, we listened to a presentation by a person in the university. The university has a lot of departments and each of them has a large library. The library is open 24 hours.

After we went there, we went shopping. I bought one sweatshirt. This was the same as my friend’s. We also bought a cap together. Australian stores were very cute and I like them.

After we came back home, Chinatsu and I took a walk to the supermarket. We talked a lot while we were walking. It was a lot of fun. We remembered the way to the supermarket so we can go there by ourselves anytime. We’ll sometimes take a walk after school.

We have only seven days left in Australia, but we’ll enjoy our time here and speak English a lot.

Y.K M3 Girl


Today we went to the University of Queensland. It is in Brisbane so we rode a bus for a long time.

First we heard a story from a student of the University of Queensland. She was Japanese, so we could listen to the story in Japanese. She told us what to do if we want to go to the University of Queensland.

Next, Mr. Anthony spoke to us about the University of Queensland. He told us what we can do if we study there. He told us about the students there. The University of Queensland has about 48,000 students. I was surprised that the University of Queensland has so many students. I was also surprised that the foreign students are from 144 countries.

Then we split into three groups and looked around the university with a student from there. He was Japanese so he told us about the University of Queensland in Japanese. We couldn’t look around all places because we had no time, but there are a lot of interesting places. I was surprised that there was a theatre.

Finally, we left the University of Queensland to go to the shopping center. We had lunch there and we did some shopping. I didn’t buy anything because we didn’t have much free time but I could have a look at many shops.

Visiting the University of Queensland was a good experience for me.
A.M M3 Girl

Today we went to the University of Queensland but we got caught in a traffic jam along the way so we ran behind schedule. First, we listened to a presentation about the University of Queensland. After that, we had a campus tour. The University of Queensland’s campus was very huge. When we walked near some restaurants, we could smell food. It was a very good smell and I wanted to eat something.

Next, we went to a shopping center. We ate lunch there. I walked around with Yuka. Nanaha, Lilika and Karen there. We looked around many shops but most shops sold expensive goods or brand-name products so we could only buy a few basic things.

After Yuka and I got home, Kotomi and Haruka came over. We played Frisbee with the Knight family’s dog. After that, we learned to sing, “Yell” in the garden. Yuka and Haruka were soprano. Kotomi and I were alto. Our singing progressed a little.

 I had a good time today.

N.S Girl M3

Today we visited the University of Queensland. It was very large. There was a graduate of Hiroo Gakuen there. She said there wasn’t a faculty, which she wanted to enter in Japanese universities, so she decided to enter  the University of Queensland. First she goes to a language school. After that, we were explained to about the University of Queensland. . There were a lot of clubs and faculties. 

After that, we went to the shopping center. We had lunch there

After we came home, we went to Kawana Aquatic Centre. We watched our host brother, Mathew’s water polo game. I hadn’t watched a water polo game before. It was Matthew’s Junior High School versus Matthew  Flinders. Matthew Flinders got many points, but Matthews Junior High School got only one point. It was very interesting. I enjoyed it. The players were big and their bodies were firm. After diner, we played a board game, “Connect 4”. I won many times, so I was very glad. I had a good time today.
N.O Girl. M3


Today, we went to the University of Queensland. It took about one hour and a half from MFAC. It was a very big and beautiful university. We listened to a teacher’s presentation. It was so nice. I was surprised that UQ has 15 libraries. It was so amazing! Also, the University of Queensland has about 50,000 students. I took a lot of pictures in the university. There were many birds and plants. It had a lot of beautiful nature there. Each building was beautiful. I loved UQ’s buildings. I want to go to UQ. Overseas universities are interesting.

After the university tour, we went to a shopping mall. I ate sandwiches, an apple and potato chips for lunch. It was delicious. Then, I bought gifts for my family. I bought three calendars. The first was for my parents, the second and third for my grandparents. I think they will be happy.

After that, I arrived home. My host mother is a yoga teacher so I joined her class. It was my first time to do yoga. It was so much fun. I was very relaxed. After that, we had pork, vegetables and potato salad. It was so delicious. After, I was talking with my family in Japan. I was happy. Tomorrow, we have an English lesson and a presentation so I will go to bed early tonight.
H.K M3 Girl


Today, we went to University of Queensland (UQ). It was very large, so I was surprised. The university has a big pond and a very large campus. There were many birds in the pond, on the path and in the streets. The birds were free. There were many kinds of birds. I have never seen so many kinds of bird, so I was able to have a good experience. Maybe, Japanese universities don’t have many birds on campus. Therefore, I felt that Australia was different from Japan.
When I arrived at the university and took a walk, my tour guide told us some stories about him going to UQ. His story was very interesting and it was a chance for me to have a new thought. I thought that I was going to Japanese university, but I can choose from many universities and I want to do that. His story was a chance to think that I’d like to go abroad in the future. I came on this trip because I want to become able to speak English. Therefore, I think that it is one choice to go to an overseas university.
Then, we went to a big shopping mall. I ate lunch there. When I ate lunch outside, a child waved to me. It was very pretty. I saw a lot of children in Australia. All the children were pretty. We began shopping after we finished lunch. It was very large, so I couldn’t find a souvenir shop, but we found McDonald’s. We bought potatoes. The taste was the same as Japanese McDonald’s, so it was very delicious, and I was very happy. I found that my friend’s house is nearby my house when we went back home. We contacted each other and played together. It was a lot of fun. Tomorrow, the friends will come to our house. I look forward to tomorrow.

K.Y. M3 girl







No comments:

Post a Comment